CarbSmart.com was an online retailer of Low Carb Foods from 1999 to 2012. In 2012, we closed our online store to focus our efforts on being the largest resource for the low carb, diabetic and Paleo communities. Part of what we do here is review low carb foods, low carb beverages, low carb diet books, and anything that can add value to the life of a low carber or diabetic.
Read our Press Release: CarbSmart Announces New Direction to Reach Wider Audience, Expands Online Magazine.
Our integrity and trustworthiness to our readers are of the utmost importance. Because CarbSmart now receives compensation from third parties rather than directly from our readers, we want to be upfront about where the money comes from, when it happens, and how it affects what you read here.
Secondly, the US Federal Trade Commission requires any “material connection” to a company or advertiser must be disclosed.
So here it is.
How we earn money
CarbSmart earns money on our site mostly through affiliate programs or occasionally we will sell advertisements displayed on the site as banner ads. If you click an affiliate link or ad banner and buy the product or to visit the online retailer selling the product, you help support this site because we’ll get a percentage of that sale.
By being an independent resource for you, we’re able to provide you with unbiased product reviews. So whether we like ‘em, love ‘em, or hate ‘em, we’ll give you our honest opinion, so you can make informed buying decisions. All we ask is that you be so kind as to purchase these products using the links here on CarbSmart.com. We will be forever grateful for your loyalty and you will be helping our team continue to bring you the latest news and information about the low-carb
CarbSmart’s intention is to build a huge database of product reviews for the low carb community.
What this means for you:
- We purchase most of the products we review on the site.
- If we received a product for free, we will fully disclose it – but free products don’t automatically get good reviews. If we don’t like the product, we’ll tell you.
- We do not recommend products just because we’re an affiliate.
- We are affiliates because we use and believe in the associated products and the online retailers that sell them.
- We do not recommend products just for the sake of money.
- We recommend products because we think they are valuable to our readers.
- We do not let the compensation we receive influence the content, topics, posts, or opinions expressed on this blog.
- We respect and value our readers too much to write anything other than our own genuine and objective opinions and advice.
Just like this site, our Disclosure Policy is a work in progress. We may update this policy at any time.
Thanks for reading CarbSmart.com – your trusted guide to the low carb lifestyle.
CarbSmart.com has set up partnerships with some of the best online stores to help you stay on your low carb lifestyle. The stores below are our most trusted partners and we know they will do a great job for you.
By clicking through to these stores, you will help us continue our mission of staying your trusted guide for the low carb lifestyle:
Netrition.com – Over 13 years as an online retailer specializing in low carb, gluten free, and sports nutrition.
VivaLowCarb.com – VivaLowCarb.com has been an online retailer since 2005 and also maintains a retail store in Santa Fe Springs, CA. One of their specialties is Low Carb Breads and Bagels.
Amazon.com is the largest online retailer in the world and carries hundreds of low carb items as well as just about anything else you could imagine.
Last Updated: May 26, 2012