Keto Low-Carb Irish Stew Recipe for St. Patrick’s Day
Keto Low-Carb Irish Stew tastes wonderful, though it looks a bit like dog food. Calling for no searing of the meat, it is also easier than many stews. Immensely filling, as well. Why are there no carrots in this stew? Clearly, you have not heard about The Irish and Orange.Print
Keto Low-Carb Irish Stew Recipe
Keto Low-Carb Irish Stew tastes wonderful, though it looks a bit like dog food. Calling for no searing of the meat, it is also easier than many stews. Immensely filling, as well. Why are there no carrots in this stew? Clearly, you have not heard about Irish men and Orange.
- Yield: 8 Servings 1x
- Diet: Diabetic
- 2 pounds lamb, leg or shoulder
- 2 large turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cauliflower head, cubed or chopped (it’s hard to cube cauliflower)
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 6 tablespoons Ketatoes Redux
- salt and pepper to taste
- water to cover
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon concentrate
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon concentrate
- guar gum or xanthan gum for thickening
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- You’ll need to cut up your meat and vegetables first.
- Coat a Dutch oven or large, heavy soup kettle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Put a layer of mixed turnip and cauliflower on the bottom of the pot. Add a layer of onion. Scatter 2 tablespoons of the Ketatoes Redux over that, then add a layer of cubed lamb. Salt and pepper the lamb.
- Repeat these layers twice more, at which point you should be out of meat and veggies.
- Pour cold water over the whole thing to just barely cover. Put the pot over a low burner and bring to a simmer. Adjust the burner so that it maintains a low simmer, cover the pot, and go do something else for 2 hours.
- Take the lid off and stir in the bouillon concentrate. Continue to simmer, uncovered, for another 2 hours or so. If the water cooks down too far, add more about ¼ cup at a time.
- Stir in the parsley. Use your guar or xanthan shaker to thicken the gravy to taste. Also, salt and pepper to taste. Serve in bowls!
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 101mg
- Fat: 27g
- Carbohydrates: 6g (Net Carbs 4g)
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 18g
- Cholesterol: 242mg
Keywords: Low-Carb, Keto, Irish Stew, St. Patrick's Day
NOTES : I use Better Than Bouillon paste, and highly recommend it. No, they don’t pay me, I just think their product is great. If you use granules, start with 1/2 teaspoon of each, stir it in, and adjust from there. The granules are saltier. Why chicken and beef? Because I have never seen lamb bouillon concentrate. The two blend to a flavor that is savory and unrecognizable as either one, letting the lamb shine through.
To Purchase 500 More Low Carb Recipes Cookbook by Dana Carpender
500 More Low Carb Recipes Cookbook by Dana Carpender
More Low Carb Recipes & Articles by Dana Carpender
More Low Carb Recipes & Articles for St. Patrick’s Day