Cole slaw is a fast and easy low-carb side dish that goes well with most dinner meals. We’ve already looked at a bunch of Low-Carb Cole slaw recipes including:
- Old-Fashioned Low-Carb Cole Slaw Recipe
- Low-Carb Mexicali Cole Slaw Recipe
- Low-Carb Asian Cole Slaw Recipe
But what if you’d like your cole slaw with a little extra crunch? A great low-carb ingredient that will take any cole slaw recipe from good to great is almonds – either slivered almonds or sliced almonds.
As a twist to my mother’s original recipe, I added toasted almonds for more crunch, taste and nutrition.
Crunchy Low-Carb Cole Slaw with Almonds Recipe
- 1 1-pound bag shredded cole slaw vegetables
- ½ cup slivered almonds or toasted sliced almonds
- 4 green onions, chopped (green and white parts)
- ½ cup Low-Carb Coleslaw Dressing Recipe
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Put the cole slaw mix, sliced almonds, and chopped green onions in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, whisking them together to blend them completely.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss gently to combine them thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.