Andrew’s Desk: Happy New Year from the entire CarbSmart team!
We hope 2013 was a successful year in your Paleo or low carb lifestyle and we’re here to help you make 2014 even better.
As with any January health publication, this month is about resolutions and new beginnings with your low carb lifestyle.
Because I have been a low carber since 1998, mine are simple.
- Use up the last of the Splenda in my house and switch to stevia exclusively.
- Include ½ hour of meditation and 1 hour of walking into my routine every day (consistently).
- Help 5 friends or relatives switch to the low carb lifestyle for better health and weight loss.
Resolutions aren’t always about big changes–sometimes it’s about small tweaks and maintaining consistency. Perfect advice for your low carb lifestyle weight loss.
This month, I’m most proud to present the low carb success story of our own Rebecca Latham, co-author of the Fat Fast Cookbook. I met Rebecca at Dana Carpender’s 2012 Meet & Greet in Bloomington, IN and was immediately impressed with her. Rebecca knew that her 23 pounds of fat loss through the low carb lifestyle was significant but she didn’t realize that her low carb success could be an inspiration to so many people. Yes, some people lose 50, 100, 200, or more pounds on low carb but not everyone needs to have such a dramatic weight loss to feel happy, healthy and an inspiration to others. I was so impressed with Rebecca, that when we came up with the idea for the Fat Fast Cookbook, I knew she would make a great addition to the low carb team. Rebecca knows it’s not just about weight loss.
Rebecca, keep shining and keep inspiring.
Other low carb articles in the January 2014 Issue:
- How to Buy Exercise Equipment on a Budget by Dana Carpender
- Quality Over Calories: Why Eating Less and Exercising More Fails by Jonathan Bailor
- How to Talk To Your Doctor About Your Nutrition Program by Dietitian Cassie
- Induction: It’s Not Just for Weight Loss by Jacqueline Eberstein
- Low Carb Convenience Foods 101 by Dana Carpender
- Healthy Resolutions for the Whole Family by Misty Humphrey
- Many, many more.
Publisher, President, & Founder