Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Keto
Dana’s Low-Carb Gluten-Free No-Sugar Ketchup ReduxPrint
Dana’s Low-Carb Gluten-Free No-Sugar Ketchup Redux
Dana’s Low-Carb Gluten-Free No-Sugar Ketchup Redux. My most-published recipe has been my ketchup, appearing in most of my cookbooks. But since the last time I published it, I discovered I like it better made with tomato sauce than with tomato paste – it’s less likely to separate. So here you go! Feel free to double this if you’re going to use it as an ingredient in a barbecue sauce or meatloaf or something.
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free
- Throw everything in the blender, but leave out the salt for now.
- Run till the onion and garlic disappear. Now pour into a non-reactive saucepan – stainless steel, glass, enamel lined, or something like that. (NOT aluminum or cast iron.)
- Put it over low heat and let it simmer till it’s thickened to the texture of commercial ketchup.
- Salt to taste when it’s thickened. (This is because cooking it down increases saltiness.)
- Store in a snap-top container in the fridge.
- Calories: 17
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: trace
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
© Dana Carpender. Used by kind permission of the very BBQ-smelling author.