Original beef gravy recipe by Andrew DiMino, April 11, 2015, Updated November 4, 2019
Beef Gravy Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Recipe
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free[bctt Tweet=”CarbSmart’s Low-Carb Beef Gravy Recipe is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas or any time.”]
Whenever I pan fry any type of red meat, I save the drippings in a jar in my fridge.
That way, when the beef gravy craving hits, it only takes a few minutes to prepare and cook.
You can also store extra Low-Carb gravy in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.Print
Beef Gravy Low-Carb Recipe
Whenever I pan fry any type of red meat, I save the drippings in a jar in my fridge. That way, when the beef gravy craving hits, it only takes a few minutes to prepare and cook. You can also store extra Low-Carb gravy in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free
- 2 tablespoons fat from pan drippings
- 2 cups sugar-free beef broth or beef bone broth
- Up to 2 tablespoons xanthan gum or guar gum
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, slowly heat the fat from pan drippings.
- Mix in the beef broth or bone broth and bring to a boil.
- After the mixture has boiled, lower to a simmer and whisk in the xanthan gum or guar gum. Do not just “dump” in the thickener – it nees to be sifted in and stired in immediately.
- Continue whisking as the mixture thickens. If further thickening is needed, additional thickener may be added 1 tablespoon at time.
- Serve Immediately or if using for a later date, let cool and transfer to a storage container, seal well, and refrigerate.
If you are refrigerating for future use, you may need to slowly add more beef broth to thin it slightly as it warms up on the stove.
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories: 56
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 342mg
- Fat: 3g (29 Calories from Fat)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 6g
Living a Low-Carb lifestyle is easy if you take a little time to prepare.
This means finding the foods you like that fit into your new lifestyle or taking old carb-laden traditional recipes and changing them to fit your new needs – like this Low-Carb beef gravy recipe.
Looking for more Low-Carb and Sugar-Free Condiment recipes?
Followed instructions and produced a lumpy, thin gravy even with 3 heaping tablespoons of bake mix. Even used electric beaters trying to get the bake mix to integrate with the gravy and thicken it to no avail.