Dana Carpender’s CarbSmart Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Dana Carpender’s CarbSmart Low-Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe: A classic chocolate chip cookie, just like Mom used to make – only a lot better for you!
- Serves: 44
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 9g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbs: 6g
- Sugar: 0g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- ½ cup Splenda granular
- ¾ cup Swerve Granular Sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups Hershey's Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Measure the almond meal, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and stir together. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter till creamy and fluffy. Add the Splenda and maltitol, and beat till very well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Now add the dry ingredients, in three additions, beating each addition till well incorporated before adding the next.
- Beat in the chocolate chips and pecans, and mix just until well-distributed.
- Turn off mixer, and scrape the dough off the beaters back into the bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto cookie sheets you've sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, or covered with pan liners or baking parchment.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
More Low-Carb Snack recipes.
© 2008 by Dana Carpender. Used by permission of the author. What do you think? Please send Dana your comments to Dana Carpender.