Fat Fast Salad Recipe
This recipe has 85.4% calories from fat. Sometimes you just want a big, crisp salad during your low carb fat fast. If you are concerned about your fiber intake during a fat fast, this recipe could help. Feel free to use another variety of lettuce, or even a combination.
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1/2 clove garlic – crushed
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons wine vinegar
- 1 pinch dry mustard
- salt and pepper
- Crush the garlic into a small dish, and pour the olive oil over it. Let that sit for five minutes.
- In the meanwhile, wash and dry your lettuce, and tear it up. Put it in a salad bowl.
- Mix together the vinegar and the mustard.
- Now pour the olive oil over the salad, and toss till all the leaves are evenly coated. Add the vinegar and mustard blend, and toss again. Salt and pepper, toss one more time, and eat your fat fast salad right out of the salad bowl!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 21g (85.4% calories from fat)
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g
Here’s What You’ll Get In The Fat Fast Cookbook
50 Delicious Low Carb / High Fat Recipes:
These quick and easy-to-prepare recipes are written by Dana Carpender, Managing Editor of CarbSmart and author of 500 Paleo Recipes with contributions by low carb bloggers Amy Dungan and Rebecca Latham.
The Science Behind the Fat Fast:
Dana Carpender explains the science of the Fat Fast, it’s history and why and how it works.
Using the Fat Fast in Your Low Carb Lifestyle:
The Fat Fast is a short-term tool for jump-starting your low carb weight loss. Dana details strategies for incorporating the Fat Fast into your long-term Low Carb diet plans.
Easy to Find Ingredients For Your Fat Fast Recipes:
We include a list of easy-to-find foods and ingredients you’ll need for your Fat Fast recipes whether you purchase them in your local supermarket or online.
What Is Nutritional Ketosis and Why is It Important:
Our Low Carb Diet experts describe what Nutritional Ketosis is, how it works and how it will help you jump-start your low-carb weight loss and help you lose the pounds!
Glossary and Other Resources:
A glossary of low carb terms and concepts are included plus other resources to help you do the Fat Fast and Nutritional Ketosis and succeed at your low carb lifestyle.
Low Carb / High Fat recipes
- Boursin Stuffed Mushrooms
- Yogurt Parfait
- Jalapeno Poppers
- Fettuccine with Pancetta Cream
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bombs
- Fat Fast Mac-and-Cheese
- Mocha Mascarpone Mousse
- French Vanilla Iced Coffee
- Coconut Flax Bread
- Sweet-and-Tangy Macaroni Salad
- Coco Cocoa Fat Bombs
- Butter-Roasted Pecans
- Asparagus with Wasabi Mayonnaise
- Curried Coconut Cream of Chicken Soup
- Salmon Bisque
- Kevlar Coffee
Other Uses For Fat Fast Cookbook
But these recipes are not only useful for Fat Fasting. If you’re on a ketogenic diet, whether for weight loss, sports performance, seizure control, cancer therapy, or just because it makes you feel good, you’ve just found dozens of delicious new low carb / high fat options!