Low-Carb Pepperoni Pizza Soup RecipePrint
Low-Carb Pepperoni Pizza Soup Recipe
This is exactly what it sounds like, delicious Low-Carb soup with the best ingredients you’d find on a pepperoni pizza – without the crust!
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free
- 1 can chunky pasta-style stewed tomatoes — (14 1/2 ounce)
- 1 can chicken broth — (14 ounces)
- 2 cups zucchini — optional, sliced (1/4-inch thick)
- 1 can olives — (2 1/4 ounce) drained, sliced ripe
- 2 ounces pepperoni — thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella — fresh, grated, (6 ounces)
- basil sprigs — (optional)
- Parmesan — grated, (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine tomatoes, chicken broth, and zucchini.
- Heat to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in olives and pepperoni; simmer 1 minute.
- Spoon into bowls and top with mozzarella. Garnish with basil sprigs and/or grated Parmesan, if desired.
I have made this soup with various additions, like chopped onion and bell pepper. I also like the spicy Italian sausage cooked and crumbled into this soup. You could also add mushrooms, hamburger, diced ham, or any other item you could top a pizza with.
- Calories: 243
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 684mg
- Fat: 17g (63.3% calories from fat)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 8g (7g Net Carbs)
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 15g
- Cholesterol: 49mg