Written by Andrew DiMino March 15, 2015
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Vegan, Nut-Free
Traditional Greek Vinaigrette Dressing Low-Carb RecipePrint
Traditional Greek Vinaigrette Dressing Low-Carb Recipe
I grew up in an area with a very large Greek population which meant I always had my pick of authentic Greek dishes any time I craved it (which was often). Upon marrying and moving away, I realized that I needed to learn to recreate those dishes on my own because there was no longer a plethora of Greek restaurants or groceries to choose from. This Traditional Greek Vinaigrette Dressing Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe was my first attempt at recipe creating, primarily because I don’t care for the taste of store-bought dressing. This vinaigrette can be used as a dressing or as a marinade. I like to marinate chicken in it overnight. Not only does the chicken come out flavorful, but it’s incredibly moist. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Vegan, Nut-Free
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano, fresh chopped (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon basil, fresh chopped (1 teaspoon dried)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil until blended well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve or store for future use.
This vinaigrette will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
If you are using as a marinade, consider replaced the red wine vinegar with a balsamic vinegar.
For a stronger taste profile, add ½ teaspoon marjoram.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 148
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 3mg
- Fat: 16g (142 Calories from Fat)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: trace
- Protein: trace
View all of our Salad Dressing recipes.