Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Primal, Vegetarian Optional, Nut-Free
Alfredo Sauce Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe
Rich & creamy Low-Carb Gluten-Free Alfredo Sauce is so versatile for the low carber, you can use it with almost any meal. Pasta substitutes, meats and more. This recipe for the Alfredo sauce is very simple but if you don’t feel like tackling it, feel free to use a jarred sauce. The Alfredo sauce can be made ahead of time, though you may need to add some milk when you reheat it to thin it out a bit.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Primal, Vegetarian Optional, Nut-Free
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk, or more to thin
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, (to taste)
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add garlic. Cook just until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add heavy cream and milk to the saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan and egg yolk, whisking constantly to prevent the eggs from scrambling.
- Add nutmeg, salt, and pepper and stir well to combine.
- If the mixture is too thick, add more milk as needed.
- Serving Size: 3 Tablespoons
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 195mg
- Fat: 15g (138 Calories from Fat)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Fiber: trace
- Protein: 5g