Written by Di Bauer November 3, 2001 Updated February 21, 2015
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Primal, Nut-Free
Chicken Caesar Salad Low-Carb Gluten-Free RecipePrint
Chicken Caesar Salad Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe
There are times when I really want for dinner is a big salad with all the trimmings. Low-Carb Gluten-Free Chicken Caesar Salad fits the bill perfectly on days like these. Because the salad includes, broiled chicken, cheese, bacon, and hard boiled eggs, it makes for a very filling and satisfying meal. This recipe lends itself very well to advance preparation. You can get everything ready the night before, store the components in the fridge, and assemble the salad 5 minutes before you’re ready to sit down and eat.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Primal, Nut-Free
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Caesar dressing
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, quartered and sliced (optional)
- 1 16–ounce package prewashed Romaine lettuce (or salad greens of your choice)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 hardboiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Additional Caesar salad dressing (or salad dressing of your choice)
- Marinate the chicken breasts. It doesn’t matter whether the chicken breasts are frozen or thawed. Simply place them in a large Zip Lock bag and pour 1 cup of the Caesar salad dressing over them. Close the bag securely and turn it to make sure that the salad dressing is evenly distributed over the chicken breasts. Toss the bag in the refrigerator to marinate several hours or overnight.
- Broil the chicken breasts until the juices run clear. Let them cool and then slice them into bite-sized pieces.
- Seed and coarsely chop the tomatoes and dice the green onions.
- Quarter and slice the cucumbers if you choose to have them, but don’t peel them. The skin is an excellent source of both vitamins and fiber!
- To serve, divide the salad greens evenly between four dinner plates.
- Top the lettuce on each plate with ¼ of the tomatoes, green onions, cucumber, chicken, chopped eggs, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, and crumbled bacon.
- Serve with additional Caesar dressing or the salad dressing of your choice.
If you are feeding teenage boys, assume that they will want at least 2 chicken breasts for their salads and prepare an appropriate number of extras. Assume that they’ll want extra bacon and chopped hard-boiled eggs, too. Give them Thanksgiving turkey platters to construct their salads on.
If you choose to dress the salads with Caesar dressing, you may want to double the dressing recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 breast and 4 ounces
- Calories: 756
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 1368mg
- Fat: 51g (464 Calories from Fat)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 11g (8g Net Carbs)
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 60g
More Low-Carb Salad recipes.