Originally Written by Di Bauer on 1/10/04, Updated by Andrew DiMino on August 22, 2022
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free
Why buy a pre-made, pre-mixed Southwest Seasoning from a store which will probably have preservatives and fillers when you probably have everything you need at home in your pantry?
By creating your own Southwest Seasoning blend you can add variety to your meals without the stress of long prep times.
This spicy combination of chili peppers and spices is sure to add heat and taste to any recipe.
If you like your foods mild, add just a little; if you like your foods hot, add a lot!
Works well as a delicious low-carb dip or in fajitas or any grilled meats.
This Low-Carb Gluten-Free Southwest Seasoning is great on any meat, chicken, fish, and even vegetables!
Southwest Seasoning Blend Low-Carb Keto Gluten-Free RecipePrint
Southwest Seasoning Blend
Why buy pre-mixed seasoning blends with preservatives when you probably have everything you need at home in your pantry? By creating your own blends you can add variety to your meals without the stress of long prep times. Southwest Seasoning is great on meat, chicken, fish, and vegetables!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: ½ cup 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin, ground
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoons coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine them evenly.
- Store the spice mix in airtight containers.
Spice mixes make great gifts for holidays and house warming parties. Simply pour mixture into a pretty spice jar and handwrite a colorful label to affix to the bottle with the name of the blend and “from the kitchen of …)