- Serves: 44 cookies
- Serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 122
- Fat: 10g (69.0% calories from fat)
- Carbs: 4g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon corn-free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened or 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- ¾ cup granular Swerve
- ½ teaspoon English Toffee flavor liquid stevia extract
- 1 tablespoon yacon syrup
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups sugar-free chocolate chips (low-carb) or Equal Exchange Organic Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (these chocolate chips contain sugar which is safe for Paleo but not low-carb)
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Measure the almond meal, vanilla whey protein, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and stir together. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter until creamy and fluffy. Add the Swerve, stevia extract, and yacon syrup, and beat until very well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Now add the dry ingredients, in three additions, beating each addition until well incorporated before adding the next.
- Beat in the chocolate chips and pecans, and mix just until well-distributed.
- Turn off mixer, and scrape the dough off the beaters back into the bowl.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoonful onto cookie sheets you’ve sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, or covered with pan liners or baking parchment.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
Download FREE PDF
Think you can’t have pancakes, brownies, pies or chocolate chip cookies on a low-carb, gluten-free diet? Think again!
Whether you’re new to the low-carb, ketogenic lifestyle or you’re a long-time veteran; you’re going to love the 50+ new mouthwatering recipes in our CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook from CarbSmart Press.
How to Order
CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook
by Dana Carpender and Caitlin Weeks, NC