Chocolate Mint Popsicles Recipe from CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook
Many times, mint is artificially derived from chemicals when used in frozen desserts. This recipe uses real mint, which gives a refreshing taste as well as antioxidant benefits. Mint is well-known for stimulating digestion, calming coughs and even soothing headaches.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Cuisine: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian, Vegan, Nut-Free
- 2 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk, canned
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup birch xylitol or 1 teaspoon stevia powder extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Melt the chocolate over medium heat in a double boiler.
- Add the coconut milk, mint and water.
- Let the mint simmer in the chocolate mixture for about 5 minutes for flavor.
- Strain the chocolate milk mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the mint leaves.
- Stir the sweetener and the water into the chocolate mixture and pour into the Popsicle molds.
- Freeze for 6 hours.
Bonus Recipe From CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook. For ingredients, please visit our Resources page.
- Serving Size: 1 popsicle
- Calories: 155
- Sodium: 8mg
- Fat: 13.6g (122 calories from fat)
- Carbohydrates: 9.2g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Protein: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Download FREE PDF
Think you can’t have pancakes, brownies, pies or chocolate chip cookies on a low-carb, gluten-free diet? Think again!
Whether you’re new to the low-carb, ketogenic lifestyle or you’re a long-time veteran; you’re going to love the 50+ new mouthwatering recipes in our CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook from CarbSmart Press.
How to Order
CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook
by Dana Carpender and Caitlin Weeks, NC
|All VERSIONS NOW AVAILABLE!|
Order Downloadable PDF from CarbSmart.com:
|Order Downloadable PDF version with full color photos of every recipe!
Order eBook from Amazon.com:
|Order Kindle eBook version from Amazon.com with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order Paperback from Amazon.com:
|Order Paperback version from Amazon.com (Paperback does not contain photographs)||Order Now!|
Order eBook from iTunes:
|Order iBook version from Apple iTunes with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order eBook from Google Play:
|Order Play eBook version from Google Play with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order eBook from BarnesandNoble.com:
|Order Nook eBook version from BarnesandNoble.com with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order eBook from Kobo.com:
|Order Kobo eBook version from Kobo.com with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
If I were to substitute unsweetened cocoa powder, would I need to add additional fat?
3-4 tablespoons of cocoa would probably work. The coconut milk already has plenty of fat, no need to add it.