Paleo “Peanut Butter” Cookie Recipe From CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook
Peanuts have a mold called aflatoxin that has been studied as a carcinogen. Peanuts are technically a legume that contain lectins and phytates and cause digestive irritation. Traditionally, people soaked and sprouted beans, nuts, and seeds to reduce hard to digest properties but that has fallen out of fashion in our fast-paced culture. You can easily soak your almonds overnight then grind them to reduce anti-nutrients.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 (12-15 cookies) 1x
- Cuisine: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Contains Nuts
- 1 cup almond butter, smooth or chunky
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup birch xylitol or 2 teaspoon stevia powder extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Mix the almond butter and eggs, then sift in the coconut flour and baking soda.
- Mix in the xylitol, vanilla, and salt.
- When the mixture is well combined, spoon 1-inch mounds onto a parchment paper covering a cookie sheet.
- Take a fork and press the down on the top of the dough to make an indentation.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Bonus Recipe From CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook. For ingredients, please visit our Resources page.
- Serving Size: about 2 cookies
- Calories: 327
- Sodium: 320mg
- Fat: 25.7g Fat (231 calories from fat)
- Carbohydrates: 13.5g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Protein: 11.7g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Download FREE PDF
Think you can’t have pancakes, brownies, pies or chocolate chip cookies on a low-carb, gluten-free diet? Think again!
Whether you’re new to the low-carb, ketogenic lifestyle or you’re a long-time veteran; you’re going to love the 50+ new mouthwatering recipes in our CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook from CarbSmart Press.
How to Order
CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook
by Dana Carpender and Caitlin Weeks, NC
|All VERSIONS NOW AVAILABLE!|
Order Downloadable PDF from CarbSmart.com:
|Order Downloadable PDF version with full color photos of every recipe!
Order eBook from Amazon.com:
|Order Kindle eBook version from Amazon.com with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order Paperback from Amazon.com:
|Order Paperback version from Amazon.com (Paperback does not contain photographs)||Order Now!|
Order eBook from iTunes:
|Order iBook version from Apple iTunes with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order eBook from Google Play:
|Order Play eBook version from Google Play with full color photos of every recipe!||$7.99 Order Now!|
Order eBook from BarnesandNoble.com:
|Order Nook eBook version from BarnesandNoble.com with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order eBook from Kobo.com:
|Order Kobo eBook version from Kobo.com with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
I am currently trying a gluten-free diet so these are amazing! I do like biscuits!