“Better Than Coffee Shop” Mocha Recipe by Dana Carpender
- Serves: 3
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 36g (82.3% calories from fat)
- Carbs: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- First you need to whip your cream. If using coconut milk, be sure to separate the cream from the water. Then pour it into a small, deep mixing bowl, add the vanilla stevia, and use your electric mixer (NOT a hand blender!) or a whisk to whip it until it’s nearly stiff. Don’t overbeat, or you’ll get vanilla butter!
- You need to heat your half‑and‑half or almond milk; you want it as hot as your fresh‑brewed coffee. You can do this in a saucepan on the stove, or in the microwave, just get it nice and hot.
- While the half and half or almond milk is heating and the coffee is brewing, measure the stevia extract and cocoa powder into your blender.
- Pour in both the coffee and half‑and‑half or almond milk, and run the blender for a minute or two until frothy.
- Pour into three cups, divide the whipped cream between them, and drink!
Download FREE PDF
Think you can’t have pancakes, brownies, pies or chocolate chip cookies on a low-carb, gluten-free diet? Think again!
Whether you’re new to the low-carb, ketogenic lifestyle or you’re a long-time veteran; you’re going to love the 50+ new mouthwatering recipes in our CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook from CarbSmart Press.