“Better Than Coffee Shop” Mocha Recipe by Dana Carpender
‟Better Than Coffee Shop” Mocha Recipe from CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook
This is not seriously low-carb, but it sure is lower carb than most coffee shop drinks. Some do have sugar-free syrups, but if you’re also avoiding artificial sweeteners, those won’t do. This will! Feel free to make this a cup at a time using 6 ounces of half and half, 6 ounces of coffee, about 18‑20 drops of chocolate stevia extract, and a teaspoon of cocoa powder. You’ll just have leftover whipped cream. Which means you’ll need to keep it in the fridge, ready to make another cup. Shucky‑darn.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 3 1x
- Cuisine: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo (optional), Vegetarian
- First you need to whip your cream. If using coconut milk, be sure to separate the cream from the water. Then pour it into a small, deep mixing bowl, add the vanilla stevia, and use your electric mixer (NOT a hand blender!) or a whisk to whip it until it’s nearly stiff. Don’t overbeat, or you’ll get vanilla butter!
- You need to heat your half‑and‑half or almond milk; you want it as hot as your fresh‑brewed coffee. You can do this in a saucepan on the stove, or in the microwave, just get it nice and hot.
- While the half and half or almond milk is heating and the coffee is brewing, measure the stevia extract and cocoa powder into your blender.
- Pour in both the coffee and half‑and‑half or almond milk, and run the blender for a minute or two until frothy.
- Pour into three cups, divide the whipped cream between them, and drink!
If you like, make this with English Toffee flavored liquid stevia instead, leaving out the cocoa powder.
- Calories: 381
- Fat: 36g (82.3% calories from fat)
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 7g
Download FREE PDF
Think you can’t have pancakes, brownies, pies or chocolate chip cookies on a low-carb, gluten-free diet? Think again!
Whether you’re new to the low-carb, ketogenic lifestyle or you’re a long-time veteran; you’re going to love the 50+ new mouthwatering recipes in our CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook from CarbSmart Press.
How to Order
CarbSmart Grain-Free, Sugar-Free Living Cookbook
by Dana Carpender and Caitlin Weeks, NC
|All VERSIONS NOW AVAILABLE!|
Order Downloadable PDF from CarbSmart.com:
|Order Downloadable PDF version with full color photos of every recipe!
Order eBook from Amazon.com:
|Order Kindle eBook version from Amazon.com with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order Paperback from Amazon.com:
|Order Paperback version from Amazon.com (Paperback does not contain photographs)||Order Now!|
Order eBook from iTunes:
|Order iBook version from Apple iTunes with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order eBook from Google Play:
|Order Play eBook version from Google Play with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order eBook from BarnesandNoble.com:
|Order Nook eBook version from BarnesandNoble.com with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|
Order eBook from Kobo.com:
|Order Kobo eBook version from Kobo.com with full color photos of every recipe!||Order Now!|