Written by Di Bauer August 17, 2002 Updated March 12, 2015
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free
Low-Carb Gluten-Free Dijon-Garlic Tomatoes & CucumbersPrint
Low-Carb Gluten-Free Dijon-Garlic Tomatoes & Cucumbers
Low-Carb Gluten-Free Dijon-Garlic Tomatoes and Cucumbers makes a great summer side dish. It’s cool and refreshing, and the longer you marinate it, the better it tastes. It double easily if you’re having a large crowd for over for dinner.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Vegan, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cucumbers, sliced (do not peel)
- 1/3 cup salad or olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar or vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated Swerve
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard or 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Place the tomato and cucumber slices in a Zip Lock bag or arrange them in a shallow casserole dish with a lid.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the dressing mixture over the tomato and cucumber slices.
- Close the Zip Lock bag or cover the casserole with a lid or plastic wrap and place the salad in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- To serve, remove the tomatoes and cucumbers with a slotted spoon into a serving bowl or arrange on four salad plates.
The Dijon-Garlic dressing for this salad is also good for marinating meat.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 218
- Sodium: 32mg
- Fat: 19g (158 Calories from Fat)
- Carbohydrates: 13g (10g Net Carbs)
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 3g