Written by Di Bauer November 9, 2002, Updated by Andrew DiMino April 20, 2015
Low-Carb Holiday Spaghetti Squash Casserole Recipe
Holiday Spaghetti Squash Casserole Low-Carb Recipe
My holiday Spaghetti Squash Casserole Low-Carb recipe is an updated and elevated version of a traditional southern squash casserole. It is creamy, sweet, and has an almost dessert like quality to it. Substitute spaghetti squash for pasta in this veggie-based side dish. The streusel topping makes it almost decadent!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Primal
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Just Like Sugar Brown (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or to taste)
- pinch of salt (or to taste)
Streusel Topping Ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Slice squash in half and remove the insides to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining casserole ingredients to the squash and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer squash mixture into a medium-sized casserole, which has been lightly sprayed with nonstick spray or greased with butter.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the streusel ingredients together. Cut together to form small crumbs. You can use a pastry blender, two knives, or a fork to do this.
- Sprinkle the streusel topping on top of the vegetable mixture in the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for about 15 minutes or until warmed through and the streusel sets a bit.
- Serving Size: ½ Cup
- Calories: 265
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 264mg
- Fat: 22g (194 Calories from Fat)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g (6g Net Carbs)
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 11g