Low-Carb French Silk Chocolate Pie Recipe
This pie is not pudding-y it’s more like a cheesecake texture, and VERY rich.
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Egg Beaters or other pasteurized egg product
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 individual packet Splenda (to taste)
- Melt the baking chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat; cool.
- In mixing bowl, beat the butter until very fluffy, then add the cooled chocolate and vanilla. Mix well to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Dissolve the Splenda in the eggs by stirring well.
- Add the eggs, about ¼ cup at a time, VERY slowly to the butter mixture. Beat at high speed for 2 minutes after each addition until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour the mixture into lightly greased pie plate and chill for at least two hours.
- Before serving, whip the cream and sweeten it with additional Splenda to taste.
- Keep refrigerated.