Written by Di Bauer November 30, 2001, Updated by Andrew DiMino January 4, 2015
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo Optional, Primal Optional, Vegetarian Optional, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free
This molded gazpacho salad is a great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free alternative to the tired old jello molds that our grandmothers made.
Made with fresh veggies and bone-building gelatin, this dish elevates gelatin molds to a whole new level.
Molded Gazpacho Salad Low-Carb Gluten-Free RecipePrint
Molded Gazpacho Salad Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe
This molded gazpacho salad is a great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free alternative to the tired old jello molds that our grandmothers made. Made with fresh veggies and bone building gelatin, this dish elevates gelatin molds to a whole new level.
- Prep Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 3 hours 15 mins
- Yield: 7 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo Optional, Primal Optional, Vegetarian Optional, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free
- 1 1/2 cups V-8 tomato juice
- 1 small package gelatin, sugar-free lemon-flavored – see variations for Paleo and Primal
- 1 cup finely seeded and chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- Nonstick spray
- Bring the tomato juice to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and completely dissolve the gelatin in the hot tomato juice.
- Chill the V-8 Juice/gelatin mixture until it is slightly thickened.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and toss well.
- Pour the gelatin mixture over the vegetables and seasonings and stir well.
- Pour the gelatin and vegetable mixture into individual dishes, a medium serving bowl, or a gelatin mold. If you are using a mold, spray it lightly with nonstick spray first, wiping off any excess spray.
- Chill until firm, a minimum of 3 hours.
The Molded Gazpacho Salad can be made 3 or 4 days ahead of time and refrigerated until the party.
If you are traveling any distance to your family holiday dinner, carry the Molded Gazpacho Salad in a cooler with some ice to keep it from softening.
You can substitute an organic tomato/vegetable juice for V-8. My favorite is the Knudsen Very Veggie Juice which comes in several varieties including a spicy version.
If you are following a Paleo or Primal diet, substitute 2 teaspoons Great Lakes Gelatin and 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice for the sugar-free lemon flavored gelatin.
- Serving Size: ½ Cup
- Calories: 23
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 193mg
- Fat: trace
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
More Low-Carb Salad recipes.