Rutabaga in Creamy Alfredo Sauce Recipe
Very little says comfort food like a fresh homemade Alfredo sauce, and it’s relatively easy too!Print
Rutabaga in Creamy Alfredo Sauce Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe
Very little says comfort food like a fresh homemade Alfredo sauce, and it’s relatively easy too!
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free
- 1 large Rutabaga, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 Egg Yolk Beaten
- Bring a pot of water to a rolling boil. Add rutabaga and boil until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add heavy cream into the melted butter and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, nutmeg, salt, and pepper until cheese is completely melted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk egg yolk into the cheese mixture and simmer until sauce is thickened, about 2 -3 more minutes.
- Mix rutabaga into the sauce until well coated.
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 247mg
- Fat: 29g (85.1% calories from fat)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 5g (Net Carbs 4g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
Return to The CarbSmart Kitchen: Hearty Autumn Meals.