Written by Di Bauer November 16, 2002 Updated by Marcy Guyer April 24, 2015
Sautéed Mushroom Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Nut-Free
Sautéed Mushrooms Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe
Author: Di Bauer
- Serves: 6
- Serving size: ¼ Cup
- Calories: 173
- Fat: 16g (78.0% calories from fat)
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbs: 7g (5g Net Carbs)
- Sodium: 164mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
Recipe type: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Nut-Free
Sautéed Mushrooms are incredibly versatile. These Low-Carb Gluten-Free goodies can be used to top a burger or steak, as a side dish, in omelets, or in sauces. This recipe is very simple and flavorful. When I make it, I like to keep the leftovers for future use in other recipes. The sautéed mushrooms can be kept for about a week in the refrigerator or they can easily be frozen. Any way you choose to use them, they will elevate your meal.
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- ½ cup grass-fed butter (or more if needed)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- salt (to taste)
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and toss them to coat them with the melted butter. Continue cooking, adding more butter a tablespoon at a time if necessary, and tossing the mushrooms occasionally, until the mushrooms are uniformly dark-colored and soft.
- Add the garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce to the cooked mushrooms and toss them in the pan to distribute the garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce evenly throughout the mushrooms. Add a couple of shakes of salt. Taste a mushroom and correct the seasonings to your own personal taste.
- Simmer a few minutes more to allow the flavor of the seasonings to absorb into the mushrooms.
If the pan needs deglazing, use a splash of red wine.
More Low-Carb Side Dish recipes.