Written by Di Bauer November 16, 2002 Updated April 24, 2015
Sautéed Mushroom Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Nut-Free
Sautéed Mushrooms Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe
Sautéed Mushrooms are incredibly versatile. These Low-Carb Gluten-Free goodies can be used to top a burger or steak, as a side dish, in omelets, or in sauces. This recipe is very simple and flavorful. When I make it, I like to keep the leftovers for future use in other recipes. The sautéed mushrooms can be kept for about a week in the refrigerator or they can easily be frozen. Any way you choose to use them, they will elevate your meal.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Primal, Nut-Free
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter (or more if needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- salt (to taste)
- Clean and slice the mushrooms. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced mushrooms and toss them to coat them with the melted butter. Continue cooking, adding more butter a tablespoon at a time if necessary, and tossing the mushrooms occasionally, until the mushrooms are uniformly dark-colored and soft.
- Add the garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce to the cooked mushrooms and toss them in the pan to distribute the garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce evenly throughout the mushrooms. Add a couple of shakes of salt. Taste a mushroom and correct the seasonings to your own personal taste.
- Simmer a few minutes more to allow the flavor of the seasonings to absorb into the mushrooms.
If the pan needs deglazing, use a splash of red wine.
- Serving Size: ¼ Cup
- Calories: 173
- Sodium: 164mg
- Fat: 16g (78.0% calories from fat)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 7g (5g Net Carbs)
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 41mg