Easy Low-Carb Gluten-Free Crab-Stuffed Squash RecipePrint
Easy Low-Carb Gluten-Free Crab-Stuffed Squash Recipe
This Low-Carb Gluten-Free Crab-Stuffed Squash recipe is an adaption of a classic recipe from the 1960s-just healthier. This flavorful combination of zucchini or squash, crabmeat, cream cheese, and veggies goes very well as a different way to present squash at fall or winter holiday dinners.
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free
- 2 large zucchini, or crookneck squash
- 2 cans crabmeat, (6 1/2 ounce) drained
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 dash Liquid Smoke, (optional)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- Trim the ends of the squash and discard. Half the squash lengthwise. Microwave the squash halves on high for 3-5 minutes.
- With a spoon, scoop the center of the squash halves out, leaving the ends intact. Chop the removed squash pulp up.
- Combine the chopped squash, crabmeat, cream cheese, green onions, tomato, lemon juice, mayonnaise, Liquid Smoke (if desired), and 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella in a bowl. Stir to thoroughly combine the ingredients.
- Place the halved squash cut side up in a large baking dish. Fill the centers of the squash halves with the crabmeat mixture.
- Bake at 350° F for 30-35 minutes, or until the crabmeat mixture is hot and bubbly and is beginning to brown on top. Sprinkle ¼ cup of the remaining shredded mozzarella on top of each squash half and return them to the oven until the cheese is melted and just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool, wrap and plastic wrap, and refrigerate for later use.
- Calories: 333
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 500mg
- Fat: 23g (60.8% calories from fat)
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 6g (4g Net Carbs)
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 27g
- Cholesterol: 120mg