* Exported from MasterCook *
Recipe By :From: Di Bauer, CarbSmart Editor
Serving Size : 1
- 8 asparagus stalks — fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 hard-boiled eggs — chopped
- lemon juice — to taste
- chopped fresh parsley — optional – for garnish
- salt — optional, to taste
If using fresh asparagus, place asparagus in saucepan of boiling salted water. Add few drops lemon juice; cook 7 to 8 minutes over high heat. Prick asparagus with knife to test if cooked. Stalks should be tender. Drain well.
If using frozen asparagus, add 1-2 tablespoons water and a few drops of lemon juice. Microwave on high for 4-6 minutes, or until asparagus is tender. Drain well.
Arrange the drained asparagus on a plate and drizzle with the melted butter. Sprinkle lightly with lemon juice and season with salt. Top with the chopped hard-boiled eggs and chopped parsley (if desired). Serve immediately.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 388 Calories; 34g Fat (77.1% calories from fat); 16g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber; 486mg Cholesterol; 361mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 5 1/2 Fat.