Start Your Low-Carb Diet Right with A Low-Carb Multi-Vitamin
Why We Need Multi-Vitamins
No one diet or way of eating will provide you withe every single nutrient your body needs. It doesn’t matter if you are following a vegetarian, vegan, low-fat or even a low-carb diet, your body will be lacking some nutrients. That is why most people take a supplement. In fact, the word supplement means “something that is added to something else in order to make it complete.” We take vitamins and minerals to make our lifestyle complete.
Atkins Nutritionals was originally famous for their Atkins Nutrition Bars and their Atkins Basic #3 Multi-Vitamin. The multi-vitamin was targeted towards low-carb diets with a variety of vitamins and supplements suggested by Dr. Atkins that benefited the low carber. It was discontinued around 2006, but one company has created a formula very similar to the original.
Why You Should Take Vitacost Synergy NutriSlim Low Carb Dieter’s Multi-Vitamin
Online vitamin retailer Vitacost has created their Vitacost Synergy NutriSlim Low Carb Dieter’s Multi-Vitamin. According to their website, they describe it as “a high-potency multi-vitamin, multi-mineral formula designed for individuals who follow the Atkins® or other low-carb diets.” Some of the benefits of the multi-vitamin include items suggested by Dr. Atkins:
- more than double the amount of superior selenium (selenomethionine), a powerful antioxidant
- 500 mg of vitamin C, 700 IU of vitamin D and 800 mcg of folic acid per 3-capsule serving
- 300 mg of magnesium and 400 mcg of chromium per 3-capsule serving.
- Other high-quality ingredients include Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Pantothenic Acid, and much more.
Each serving of the supplement is three capsules that can be taken all at once or spread out through the day. Since I take some medicines and other vitamins, I take one capsule three times per day. The 180 capsules make a 60 day supply.
Vitacost Synergy NutriSlim Low Carb Dieter’s Multi-Vitamin Supplement Facts
- Serving Size 3 Capsules
- Servings per Container 60
- Vitamin A (100% as natural beta-carotene) Betatene® 7500 IU
- Vitamin C (as calcium ascorbate complex) Advan-C® 500 mg
- Vitamin D (as cholecalciferol, D3) 700 IU
- Natural Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl succinate) 150 IU
- Vitamin K (as phytonadione) 150 mcg
- Thiamin (vitamin B1 as thiamin HCl) 25 mg
- Riboflavin 25 mg
- Niacin (as niacinamide, inositol hexaniacinate) 70 mg
- Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl) 25 mg
- Folic Acid 800 mcg
- Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin) 200 mcg
- Biotin 150 mcg
- Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate) 50 mg
- Calcium (as calcium ascorbate complex) Advan-C® 57 mg
- Magnesium (as magnesium oxide) 300 mg
- Zinc (as zinc l-methionine) L-OptiZinc® 25 mg
- Selenium (as l-selenomethionine) Selenium SeLECT® 200 mcg
- Copper (as copper amino acid chelate) 1 mg
- Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate) 2 mg
- Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate) ChromeMate® 400 mcg
- Molybdenum (as molybdenum amino acid chelate) 75 mcg
- Potassium (as potassium citrate) 10 mg
- N-Acetyl L-Cysteine 60 mg
- Bioflavonoid (as citrus biocomplex) 50 mg
- Inulin (chicory root fiber) 50 mg
- PABA (Para aminobenzoic acid) 50 mg
- Quercetin (bioflavonoid) 50 mg
- Green Tea Extract (standardized to 98% polyphenols, 75% catechins, 45% EGCG)(leaves) 40 mg
- Choline Bitartrate 21 mg
- Grape Seed Extract (Vitis vinifera L.) (standardized to 95% total polyphenols) 20 mg
- Pantethine 20 mg
- Black Pepper Extract (Piper nigrum)(fruit) Bioperine® 5 mg
- Boron (as bororganic glycine) 200 mcg
- Protease 10000 HUT
- L Acidophilus (**) 500 million CFU
- B. bifidum (**) 500 million CFU
- Natural Mixed Carotenoids (alpha-carotene, cryptoxanthin, zeaxanthin, lutein) Betatene® 260 mcg
Other Ingredients: Gelatin (capsule), vegetable magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide and cellulose.
Contains: Fish (tilapia).
Directions: As a dietary supplement, take three capsules daily or as directed by a healthcare professional.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Free Of: Milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, crustacean shellfish, soy, gluten, titanium dioxide.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.