Written by Di Bauer August 10, 2005, Updated by Andrew DiMino January 15, 2015
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Optional, Primal, Nut-Free
Fish Florentine is not only quick and easy to prepare, but it is incredibly healthy – Low-Carb and Gluten-Free. You get iron from the spinach as well as omega fatty acids from the fish. The taste is so good that it will even tempt those who may not usually enjoy spinach or fish! If you’re not a fan of Sole, try substituting your favorite fish in its place. Flounder also works very well in this recipe.Print
Fish Florentine Low-Carb Keto Gluten-Free Recipe
Low-carb Fish Florentine is a delicious and healthy dish that combines the savory flavors of fresh fish, spinach, and cheddar cheese in a creamy sauce. This dish is perfect for those who want to enjoy a delicious meal while still watching their carb intake.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Optional, Primal, Nut-Free
- 10 ounces spinach, chopped either fresh or frozen, thawed with all excess water squished out (eeewww!)
- 1 1/2 pounds Sole fish fillets, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 cup Bacon’s Heir Pork Panko (optional)
- 4–5 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced, or 2–3 small Roma tomatoes, sliced
- Spread the spinach over the bottom of a casserole dish. Arrange the fish fillets over the spinach. I find that a 9″ casserole or baking dish works well for fish, though your may need to overlap it a bit.
- Drizzle the fish fillets lightly with lemon juice, and then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Spread the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the fish.
- If desired, sprinkle the bread crumbs over the cheese.
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes over top, and top with the dried parsley.
- Bake at 350° F for 30-40 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned.
Fish Florentine reheats reasonably well, but is best when it is freshly baked.
You can easily substitute your favorite fish for the Sole. Just remember you want to choose a meatier fish that can stand up to 40 minutes in the oven.
- Serving Size: 1 Fillet
- Calories: 278
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 368mg
- Fat: 13g; 119 Calories from Fat
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 3g (1g net carbs)
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 36g
More Low-Carb Seafood recipes.