1 1/2 cups Cost: $1.60
Per 2 tablespoon Serving: $0.14 each
Recipe By: Susie T. Gibbs
Serving Size: 12, 2 tablespoon servings
Yield: 1 1/2 cups
Prep. Time: 8 Minutes
Cooking Time: None
Start to Finish: 8 Minutes
Basic vinaigrette dressing adds a vinegary, garlicy goodness to a simple side salad. Works with any cuisine!
- 2-3 cloves garlic — pressed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper — freshly ground
- Peel and crush garlic. Add Dijon, Worcestershire, Tabasco and ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar). Shake to combine.
- Add olive oil and water along with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Per Serving: 83 Calories; 9g Fat; trace Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; .08g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 58mg Sodium; .92g Net Carbohydrate
Serving Ideas: Serve over salads and on sandwiches and veggies.
SUSIE T’s NOTES:
This is Fluffy Chix go-to salad dressing. The House Vinaigrette tastes better than bottled dressing and is healthy too. No fake oils, no rancid fats, or BPA to worry about here. You’ll find yourself craving it. It’s garlicy goodness wrapped in crispy greens. And did I fail to mention, cheap? It’s cheap!
If you prefer creamy dressings, combine some of the House Vinaigrette with plain yogurt, plain yogurt and sour cream, or add a splash of buttermilk. We like using about a 1:1 ratio. Makes a creamy dressing that lightly coats the salad greens.