Written by Di Bauer December 7, 2001 Updated by Marcy Guyer January 7, 2015
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Primal, Vegetarian, Nut-Free
Mexi-Gratin Fauxtatoes are the perfect Low-Carb potato substitute. You can make this side dish to add a little spice to your table. This is a scrumptious natural substitute for those off-limits mashed potatoes. Why drive up your blood sugar when you can enjoy this healthy, low-carb alternative?
Mexi-Gratin Fauxtatoes – Low-Carb Potato Substitute Recipe
- Serves: 8
- Serving size: ½ cup
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 12g
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbs: 3g
- Sugar: 0g
- Sodium: 64mg
- Fiber: trace
- Protein: 3g
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, florets separated
- 2 cups hot pepper Monterey jack cheese, shredded and divided
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 4-ounce cans green chilies, drained and chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- salt (to taste)
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine steamed cauliflower with 1 cup of the Pepper Jack cheese and the rest of the ingredients and mash together.
- Place the mixture into a buttered casserole or baking dish. Sprinkle the reserved cheese atop the cauliflower mixture.
- Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted and the casserole is heated through.
- Serve hot.
‘More Low-Carb Side Dish recipes.