Low-Carb Gluten-Free Marinated Three Bean Salad
This low-carb version of three bean salad has wax beans, green beans, and black soy beans. It is flavored with a simple sweet-sour vinegar and oil dressing, a nice salad for a special meal or potluck.
- Serves: 8
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 18g (64.0% calories from fat)
- Trans fat: 0g
- Carbs: 14g (10g Net Carbs)
- Sodium: 5mg
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- ½ pound wax beans, fresh
- ½ pound green beans, fresh
- 1 can Soy Beans, Eden Black (8.5 ounce) drained
- 1 small onion, halved and separated into rings
- ½ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ⅔ cup vinegar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup Splenda granular
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard, (optional)
- Clean the wax beans and green beans, discarding the ends. Microwave in a small amount of water for 7-10 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Place the cooked beans in a colander and run cold water over them to stop the cooking process. Drain and cool the beans completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled green and wax beans, the black soy beans, the onion rings, and the red bell pepper.
- In a small jar with a screw-top lid combine the vinegar, vegetable oil, Splenda, celery seed and dry mustard, of desired. Cover and shake well to blend the ingredients.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables. Stir gently, then cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally. Drain before serving.