Written by Di Bauer August 17, 2002, Updated by Andrew DiMino March 14, 2015
Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo Optional, Primal, Nut-Free
Veal Parmesan Burger Low-Carb Gluten-Free RecipePrint
Veal Parmesan Burger Low-Carb Gluten-Free Recipe
Bored with the same old tired burger? My Low-Carb Gluten-Free Veal Parmesan Burgers are just the thing to add some fun and variety to your menu. This burger recipe is a definite crowd pleaser! You can even make them miniature sized and serve them for parties.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 17 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Paleo Optional, Primal, Nut-Free
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1/4 cup crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 slices Provolone cheese
- 4 large Romaine or iceberg lettuce leaves (optional)
- Preheat the grill to medium high or the oven to broil.
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except the cheese and lettuce. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal amounts and form into four patties.
- Grill the patties for 4-6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese and return to heat until cheese is just starting to melt.
- Remove from heat.
- Serving suggestion: wrap burger in a leaf of lettuce instead of a bun.
Mozzarella slices can be used in place of the Provolone cheese. This will also lower the calories and fat a bit.
- Serving Size: 1 Burger
- Calories: 664
- Sodium: 1819mg
- Fat: 44g (396 Calories from Fat)
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 58g
More Low-Carb Veal recipes.