Low-Carb, Ketogenic, PaleoPrint
Low-Carb, Ketogenic Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe for One – Quick & Easy
This is the time of year when people go absolutely looney for Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte coffee drinks BUT they don’t want all the added sugar and poor ingredients Starbucks uses. Our Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe for one is a simpler, quicker version that uses brewed coffee instead of espresso shots and substitutes heavy cream for skim and 2% milk. What you get is a creamier, smoother hot coffee drink with half the calories and 2g of net carbs instead of 52g!
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 8 ounces of your favorite brewed coffee, hot (I suggest dark roast)
- 1 Tablespoon Torani Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup or DaVinci Gourmet Sugar-Free Pumpkin Pie Syrup or Jordan’s Skinny Syrups Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Heavy whipping cream
- 1 Teaspoon Swerve Granular Sweetener
- Pinch Pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon stick for topping/presentation
- Combine all ingredients except the Pumpkin pie spice into a large cup or bowl. Use your immersion blender or frother and blend until well mixed and frothy.
- Pour into a festive coffee cup and generously add pumpkin pie spice to the top.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 160
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 18g
- Carbohydrates: 3g (Net carbs 2g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: <1g
- Cholesterol: 59mg
Keywords: Low-Carb, Ketogenic, Pumpkin Spice Latte, Halloween, Thanksgiving
Low-Carb, Ketogenic Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe for One
This is the time of year when people go absolutely looney for Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte coffee drinks. It is one of their most famous and best-loved menu items all over the world. Pumpkin Spice Latte is now a tradition for coffee and espresso drinkers in October and November. Is it because of the colder weather or the Halloween/Thanksgiving connection or are they just that darn good?
Most beverage and food items at Starbucks are not known for being ketogenic/low-carb friendly
On the food side, Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites are about as low-carb as you get on their menu. Each Starbucks Bacon and Gruyere Egg Bite (2 Egg Bites per serving) has strips of bacon on the bottom (or top depending on how you hold them). They come pre-formed and are then warmed in a Convection Microwave oven. They actually taste pretty good even though they don’t have the best ingredients. In a pinch, they make for a quick hot low-carb breakfast.
CarbSmart’s own Dana Carpender was able to lower the carb count with our Low-Carb Gluten-Free Bacon and Gruyere Sous Vide Egg Bites and improve the ingredients. While Starbucks Egg Bites are 9g carbs per serving, ours are 2g per serving. I encourage you to try them.
And don’t get me started about almost every specialty drink at Starbucks – they are full of sugar, cheap ingredients, skim milk and too many empty, unnecessary carbohydrates.
The CarbSmart Quick and Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte
We’ve developed two versions of a low-carb/ketogenic Pumpkin Spice Latte depending on how quickly you want it. This version is a simpler Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe that uses brewed coffee instead of espresso shots and substitutes heavy cream for skim and 2% milk. What you get is a creamier, smoother hot coffee drink with half the calories and 2g of net carbs instead of 52g!
In a separate post, we’ll detail the Deluxe Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe.
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte vs. Our Pumpkin Spice Latte
If you order a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte a couple times per week (or daily like some of my non-low-carb friends here in Las Vegas do), the calories and carbohydrates add up quickly.
With the CarbSmart Low-Carb Quick and Easy Pumpkin Spice Latte, you’ll get the same great taste with only 2g of net carbs instead of 52.
Comparing the recipes
A Starbucks 16 oz. (Grande) Pumpkin Spice Latte with 2% milk and Whipped Cream:
- Calories 380
- Total Carbohydrate 52g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Ingredients: Milk, Pumpkin Spice Sauce [Sugar, Condensed Skim Milk, Pumpkin Puree, Contains 2% Or Less Of Fruit And Vegetable Juice For Color, Natural Flavors, Annatto, Salt, Potassium Sorbate], Brewed Espresso, Whipped Cream [Cream (Cream, Mono And Diglycerides, Carageenan), Vanilla Syrup (Sugar, Water, Natural Flavors, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid)], Pumpkin Spice Topping [Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Clove, Sulfiting Agents].
- Source: https://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/espresso/pumpkin-spice-latte
The CarbSmart 8 oz. Low-Carb Pumpkin Spice Latte:
- Calories 160
- Total Carbohydrate 3g (Net carbs 2g)
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Ingredients: Brewed coffee, Sugar-Free syrup, heavy whipping cream, Swerve Granular Sweetener, Pumpkin pie spice.
Even if you doubled the recipe, you’re still getting 50g less carbs.