Photo by Jonathan Talbert
Updated Friday, November 5, 2021
Pumpkin is Great Seasonal November Eating: Low-Carb Pumpkin Recipes
It’s hard to eat seasonally in October & November without having winter squash, especially pumpkin. Traditionally in the U.S., that means pumpkin pies and sweet squash bakes. Tracey Rollison looks at the different ways people eat pumpkin around the world and offers some savory, seasonal, recipes to spice up your holiday table.
It’s hard to eat seasonally in November without having winter squash, especially pumpkin. Traditionally in the U.S., that means pumpkin pies and sweet squash bakes. But all over the world, people eat pumpkin; from the pumpkin curries of Thailand, to the baked pumpkin with meat in Africa and the Middle East. Many of these dishes are lower carb than what most Americans are familiar with. We’re going with savory, seasonal flavors in this month’s pumpkin recipes.
No one will believe any of these dishes are low carb!
The Low-Carb Pumpkin Recipes
- Low-Carb, Ketogenic Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe for One – Includes Video
- Low-Carb Gluten-Free Chili Lime Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
- Traditional Low-Carb Gluten-Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- Parke County Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Roll Low-Carb Recipe From CarbSmart Low-Carb & Gluten-Free Holiday Entertaining Cookbook
- Low-Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake with Walnut Crust Recipe
- Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Sautéed Pumpkin, Kale and Sage Recipe
- Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Apple Sage and Thyme Rolls Recipe
- Low-Carb, Gluten-Free Cranberry-Almond Panna Cotta Recipe