FAQ ABOUT CARBSMART MAGAZINE:
- If you have a Customer Service issue with the iPad version of CarbSmart Magazine start here.
- Downloadable PDF versions of the March 2013 thru May 2013 issues are now available. We will have the June, July/August, & September issues available soon. Due to the lack of technology options to manage a subscription service for the downloadable PDFs, we can not offer subscriptions to the downloadable PDFs.
- We are still actively working on the Amazon Kindle Fire and Google Android tablet versions which we hope to have ready in August 2013. We will have all back issues available. It takes a little extra time to create these versions.
- There will not be a printed edition. The economics of printing and distributing a physical version of the magazine is just not possible.
- We will announce it on this web page and in the newsletter when these versions are available.
CarbSmart Magazine, the trusted and popular online publication that serves the low carb community, has taken its digital presence to the Apple iPad. The first iPad edition of CarbSmart Magazine launched Sunday, March 17, 2013.
To read the magazine, readers will need an iPad running iOS 5.0 or later. A Kindle Fire edition and a Google Android Tablet edition are expected to be on the market soon.
- A single issue is available for only $3.99.
- Monthly subscriptions are $1.99, renewed automatically each month.
- An annual subscription is $19.99, renewed automatically at the end of 12 months.
The launch of CarbSmart Magazine on the Apple iPad, Amazon Kindle Fire, and Google Android Tablets heralds a shift in how easily people can incorporate a healthy, low carb diet into their busy, daily lives.
Publisher Andrew DiMino says the excitement at CarbSmart has been building for several months. “We’ve been working on this for some time now and we’re delighted to see our team’s cumulative efforts come together with the launch of our first edition for the iPad.”
The magazine’s interactive, easy-to-use interface provides a colorful, engaging layout that lets readers view the magazine in both portrait and landscape mode, as well as flip through the magazine’s pages in four directions. Pop-ups provide additional gems of helpful low carb news and information.
CarbSmart Magazine’s readers can communicate with DiMino, the magazine’s writers, and CarbSmart community members by tapping on the “Comments” buttons located at the end of each article. They can also share with their own social networks on both Facebook and Twitter.
“Our focus,” says Managing Editor Dana Carpender, “is to cover topics that help our readers successfully use and benefit from a low carb diet. We want to help them incorporate healthy living into every aspect of their daily lives, including travel.” Carpender, a well-known expert in the low carb community, is the author of 17 cookbooks, including 500 Paleo Recipes and Fat Fast Cookbook.
In addition to low carb articles, Carpender will contribute as a columnist for the magazine, writing the already popular column “Dana’s Kitchen,” which provides new and exclusive low carb recipes.
Other monthly features include: Susie T. Gibbs’ Budget Low Carb Cooking; How to Improve Your Health Markers While Managing Your Weight; Holiday and Travel Tips; book, movie, and restaurant reviews from a low carb perspective; and exclusive interviews with leading, low carb physicians, researchers, nutritionists, and other low carb luminaries.