Mini Low-Carb Cheesecakes with Ginger Snap Crust Recipe
Recipe By: Susie T. Gibbs
Serving Size: 18
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
This Low-Carb & Keto recipe is inspired by the TNT recipes for Dana Carpender‘s Ginger Snaps and for Philadelphia Cream Cheese cheesecake. How can it go wrong?Print
Mini Low Carb Cheesecakes with Ginger Snap Crust Recipe
This recipe is inspired by the TNT recipes for Dana Carpender’s Ginger Snaps and for Philadelphia Cream Cheese cheesecake. How can it go wrong?
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 18 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Diabetic
- 12 servings Dana Carpender’s Low Carb Gingersnaps
- 2 tablespoons sweetener, such as Swerve
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 24 ounces cream cheese, (three 8 ounce packages), softened
- 3/4 cup Swerve, use a granular sugar sub and powder it after measuring or use a liquid sweetener*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 6 ounces raspberries, fresh
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 drops Ez-Sweetz concentrated stevia drops
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Combine ginger snaps, granular sugar substitute and salt in a food processor. Pulse to a graham cracker crumb consistency. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Line 18 mini-muffin wells with paper or use a silicone mold. Straight-sided molds are great! Divide crumb mixture between 18 wells. Use the bottom of a jigger or jelly glass to tamp the crumbs into a tight layer in the bottom of the muffin wells. Bake 5-7 minutes. Remove and cool in the pan.
- Mix cream cheese with an electric blender until fluffy and smooth. Add sweetener (see note to follow). Add vanilla extract and continue to beat. Scrape the sides and beaters to make sure all the lumps are gone! This is the best time to do get as many out as possible. Turn blender speed to low. Add eggs one at a time, fully incorporating between each addition. Scrape bottom and sides of bowl and the beaters to make sure batter is lump-free. Add lemon zest and beat just until blended.
- Spoon batter into each muffin well. Bake 25-30 minutes at 325° F until centers are almost set. They will still be a bit jiggly. Remove and cool pans on a wire rack. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Make whipped cream by combining heavy cream with concentrated sweetener drops (we like SweetLeaf Liquid Stevia or EZ-Sweetz). Beat with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Top each cheesecake with a dollop of whipped cream and a raspberry. If you prefer, make a batch of sugar free meringue and use a mini-torch to brûlée (brown) the top!
- Can be frozen up to 3 months.
Serving Ideas: Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a fresh raspberry or strawberry.
If you want, you can use a whole cookie to form the base of the cake. But if you do that, you will use 18 cookies instead of 12. These freeze great and taste amazing!
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 0g
- Fat: 27g (83.7% calories from fat)
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 117mg
Keywords: Desserts, Low-Carb, Keto
*About Sugar Substitutes: Artificial sweeteners work best when combined between 2 or 3 types. To make 1 cup of granular equivalent, you may use a prepared blend such as Truvia or Swerve, or combine the following ingredients until evenly mixed. (Be careful to keep pets away! Xylitol is very dangerous to your pet!)
1 cup sugar equivalent (granular):
- ½ cup granulated erythritol
- ¼ cup granulated xylitol
- ⅛ tsp stevia powder (NuNaturals or SweetLeaf preferred)
Shake the mixture before measuring out a serving. Measure ¾ cup to equal 1 cup of sugar in a recipe. Blend the granular mix in a clean coffee grinder before adding to a recipe. Powdered mix works much better than granular in most situations involving smooth batters because it dissolves easier.
For more low carb recipes and dessert ideas to please every budget, visit Fluffy Chix Cook.
Copyright © Fluffy Chix Cook. All rights reserved.
More Low-Carb Dessert recipes.