Low Carb Lemon Chicken Recipe
Per Serving: $2.21 each
Per Recipe: $8.84
Serving Size: ¼ Recipe
Yield: 4 Servings
Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
- Calories: 492
- Fat: 28g (53.0% calories from fat)
- Carbs: 15g
- Sugar: 0g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 41g
- Cholesterol: 116mg
- 6 sprigs fresh rosemary, divided
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Country Dijon Mustard
- 2 pounds chicken breast halves
- 1 pound radishes, custom
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms (crimini), halved
- 16 kalamata olives with pits
- ½ onion onion, peeled and cut into ⅛ths
- 2 lemons, cut into ⅛-¼-inch slices
- ⅓ cup dry vermouth, or dry white wine
- In a mini-chopper or small food processor, combine the leaves from 4 rosemary sprigs, leaves from 6 thyme sprigs, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, Dijon mustard and olive oil. Blend until everything forms a smooth paste. It will still be grainy from the mustard, but all the herbs should be chopped very fine. Coat all sides of chicken breasts with herb paste. Cover and marinate 30 minutes to overnight.
- Bring a pot of water to boil in a medium sauce pan. Add a couple of tablespoons kosher or sea salt. Add washed and trimmed radishes. Boil 5-7 minutes or until almost tender when pierced with a knife tip. Blanch in cold water to stop the cooking. Dry with a clean kitchen towel. Cut larger radishes in half, lengthwise. Leave the small ones whole.
- When ready to cook chicken, heat a heavy enameled cast iron, or cast iron pan over medium high heat. Add chicken breasts skin side down. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes or until chicken is browned on the skin side. There will be portions stuck to the pan, no worries! Remove chicken from pan. Add radishes, mushrooms, olives, onions, sliced lemons and dry vermouth or dry white wine to the pan. Add remaining whole rosemary and thyme sprigs. Season with kosher salt and black pepper. Place breasts bone side down, on top of veggies. Snuggle the breasts down into the veggies just a little bit so they stay moist. Roast uncovered in a preheated 450° F oven for 35-40 minutes or until chicken juices run clear when pierced with a knife tip. Remove from oven and let lemon chicken recipe rest 5 minutes before serving.
Serve Lemon Chicken recipe family-style straight from the hot cast iron skillet. It's a one-dish-wonder everyone will appreciate. If you don't like white meat, simply substitute leg quarters or chickens that have been halved or spatchcocked (back bone removed and laid open–flat).
A Down Home Low Carb Comfort Food Valentine’s Day Meal to Remember Recipes:
For more low carb recipes and dessert ideas to please every budget, visit Fluffy Chix Cook.
Copyright © 2014 Fluffy Chix Cook. All rights reserved.